This is a 1 day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a web link and access details of the workshop.
Equip with finance and accounting knowledge is no longer an option in today’s fast business world. There is a growing trend to work in multi-disciplinary teams where knowledge of core finance, accounting and cost concepts are necessary to achieve common level of understanding and communication in relation to shared objectives and corporate drivers. Those who need to make presentations to boards or committees will benefit from knowing/understanding some of the key financial concepts in order to present workable ideas to the senior management.
1. Myth of "Profit"
2. Cashflow vs Profit
- Reconciling between profits and cashflow figures
- Auditors' report and interpretations
3. Linking Financial Statement
- The link between balance sheet, profit & loss account and cashflow statement
- Structure of cashflow statement (operating activities, investing activities and financing activities)
4. Preparing Cashflow Statements
5. Analysing Business Performance Using Cashflow Statements
- Using published listed financial statements of listed companies to demonstrate and interpret the financial operating performance of these enterprises in terms of liquidity, solvency, profitability financing and investing.
6. Cashflow Budgeting
- Planning and developing an annual budget
- Forecasting and projecting future activities (operating, investing and financing)
- Preparing operating activity budgets
7. Cashflow Strategies for Your Business
- Key consideration in cashflow management
- Factors to be considered when designing an effective cashflow system
Note: Participants are expected to perform calculation using their calculator during this workshop
Practical exercises are used to demonstrate the development of cashflow budgets and to conduct comprehensive analysis of an organisation’s performance using cashflow statements. Participants will learn to be familiar and comfortable with reading cashflow statements.
Who Would Benefit
Managers and head of departments who do not work in accounting and finance fields but who need to know how basic accounting and finance work, in order to apply accounting and finance related techniques when making crucial business decisions
Meet The Trainer
LIM KAIM SOON
CA(SINGAPORE), EMBA(HELSINKI), FCCA (UK), BBA (HONS), NUS
Kaim Soon graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor degree (honours) in Business Administration (majoring in finance & investment). He is also a fellow member of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, UK. Kaim Soon completed his Executive MBA at the Helsinki School of Economics (now Aalto University), Finland.
Kaim Soon has been a corporate trainer specializing in accounting and financial management, working with various local and overseas consulting and training institutes. He conducts regular workshops, seminars and in-house group training to senior management and staff of statutory boards and business corporations
Through his own company, he provides financial consultancy services to local as well as foreign companies in Singapore. His areas of specialization include financial & management accounting, corporate investment and financing, as well as corporate due diligence. He likes to adopt unique training methods as the emphasis is application-oriented i.e. learn-apply-related to what the individual does in his/her work. He often uses the actual corporate financial data to perform and show financial analysis in the real business world.
Kaim Soon’s past corporate working experiences include financial control and general management in banking, insurance, retail and manufacturing industries.
To find out more about RISE funding support, please click here or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days' notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustment to the workshop where necessary.
Payment Options :
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (please key in invoice number for our reference)
1. PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit Card)
2. PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
3. Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website / Mobile app
Ref No: SB210513
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.