Many companies have faced challenges on their brands when expanding or doing business locally or overseas. This has just become more serious in the internet era. Trademark passing-offs, counterfeits on the online marketplaces, impersonations on the social media etc. have given our businesses a lot of headaches. Such abuses heavily consume companies’ resources and often mark a loss on the accounting sheet.
Brands, to a large extent, are the most valuable assets to successful companies yet may be vulnerable to brand abusers from all over the world. Some companies react fast to deal with the brand abuse activities like counterfeits or phishing, but it is just not good enough to remove all the abuses. Would there be a total solution to solve the issue?
Right, brands are abused because abusers can monetise from the malicious activities. To stop the brand abuse, we need a holistic approach. In this course, you will learn how to identify the brand abuse issues and implement a holistic brand protection strategy that can recoup revenue loss and maximise your business return.
This interactive online workshop taking place during two consecutive 3.5 hours per session. It is meant to provide information, knowledge and skills about Brand Protection for the Global Digital Economy.
Equip corporate management, marketing, IP, legal and IT personnel with essential knowledge and skills to collaboratively implement brand protection strategies and deal with brand abuse for max business return.
Why you should attend
Expanding your business can be challenging, especially online. Your brand is perhaps your most business valuable asset – yet it is highly vulnerable to brand abuse. With trademark copycats, product counterfeits, and even social media impersonations on the rise, companies looking to invest in e-commerce and explore online marketplaces need to be alert. Brand abuse can easily create negative customer experiences – and eat into your business’ profits.
In this course, you will learn to identify brand abuse, develop a holistic brand protection strategy aligned with your business goals, and implement action plans effectively to maximise returns.
After the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify brand abuse activities that cause revenue loss and/or brand damages
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset for branding and brand protection
- Implement holistic and proactive brand protection strategies that prevent and solve brand abuse activities effectively
- Outline the considerations for external brand protection services and the achievements of brand protection strategies
Who Should Attend
- Managing Directors or General Manager of SMEs / Founders, Entrepreneurs
- Head of Marketing
- In-house IP Managers who manage corporate trademarks and other brand assets
- In-house Counsels who deal with brand related issues
- IT Personnel who deal with domain management and/or scams such as phishing
- IP Strategists / IP Consultants
1. Section1: Uncover the ugly face of brand abuse
- Introduction to brand abuse and brand protection
- The impact of brand abuse to brand owners
- The nine types of brand abuse
- Why are brands abused
2. Section2: Implement a holistic brand protection strategy
- Part 1: Build a solid legal base for your brand
- The objective and the framework of brand protection
- Create a protectable trademark
- Part 2: Prevent and recoup revenue loss or brand damages from brand abuse
- A holistic approach to deal with brand abuse
3. Section3: Make our brand protection achievements worth the efforts
The programme for the two sessions:
- Considerations when adopting external professional services
- Considerations for continuation of brand protection
1 Nov 2022 & 8 Nov 2022
9am - 12.30pm
Virtual Learning Platform
Course Fee/ person
$481.50 / SBF Member; $588.50 / Non-Member (inclusive of GST)
Fees include E – Course Handout.
Upon completion of the workshop, each participant will receive e -
Certificate of Completion.
For more information the program, contact 6701 1137 at [email protected]
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days’ notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustments to the workshop where necessary
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (Please key in the invoice number for our reference)
- PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit card)
- PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
- Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.