Effective Foreign Currency Management
||17 May 2018 (Thu)
||9.00am - 5.00pm
||Training Room , SBF Center,
160, Robinson Road, #06-01, Singapore 068914
|Fee per pax
(inclusive of GST)
-Upon completion of the workshop, the participant will be granted an attendance certificate.
In today’s business world, understanding the finance and accounting knowledge is no longer an option for management and executives. Indeed, organizations will be able to perform better and achieve superior results if all staff in the organizations are able to apply relevant finance and accounting tools in their jobs and functions.
There is a growing trend to work in multi-disciplinary teams where knowledge of the core finance, accounting, and cost concepts is necessary to achieve a common level of understanding and communication in relation to shared objectives and corporate drivers.
Also, those who need to make presentations to boards or committees will benefit from knowing some of the key financial concepts in order that they can present their ideas with a high level of financial authority.
Whether it is a domestic firm or multinational corporation, managing foreign exchange is important. The appreciation or depreciation of foreign currency affects the firm’s profitability and liquidity. Therefore, an appreciation of how international trade, business, economic and political developments could impact the exchange rate movement is critical in business strategic planning and control. Therefore, managers and executives in all functions should understand how to interpret the exchange rate, understand how the foreign exchange market works, and introduce effective tools and techniques in managing foreign currencies.
1. Introduction of Foreign Exchange
- Why firms go international
- Types of overseas operations
- Differences between domestic and multinational financial management
- Current development impacting on foreign currencies
2. Currency Risk Management
- Financial strategies to guard against foreign currency depreciation
- Impacts of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates
- How to read and forecast foreign exchange rate
3. Interpreting Foreign Exchange Rate
- Spot rate
- Forward exchange rate
- Direct quote versus indirect quote
- Differentiation between foreign currency appreciation and depreciation
- Bid and ask quotations
4. Arbitrage and Hedging
- Currency arbitrage
- Hedging strategies
*Minimum 6 persons to start the course
This workshop uses practical exercises to demonstrate the interpretation of foreign exchange rate, and determine the extent of currency appreciation and depreciation. Methods and techniques of managing foreign currency in business operations will be discussed.?
Note : Participants are required to bring calculators.
***This programme is ideal for in house workshop where participants from various departments or sections can utilise their respective information and operational data to develop a comprehensive set of interlinked foreign currency management and control within an organisation. Contact: email@example.com for more details.
This workshop is ideally designed for managers and executives who are not involved in foreign currency dealings and management, but who need to know how foreign exchange work, and apply currency related techniques when making business decisions.
The trainer regularly conducts workshops, seminars, and in house trainings to management and staff of statutory boards and business corporations on financial and management accounting, corporate investment and financing, as well as corporate due diligence.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspx with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with SBF
- Upon registration, please make payment using credit card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change at least 3 days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- Singapore Business Federation (SBF) reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other payment modes:
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to: 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
If you have further enquires or clarifications, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
| 6701 1131 (ATTN: Ms Tan Wei Xuan)
Ref No.: SB180037
NOTE : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the session
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.