Anti-Money Laundering Act & Its Implication
[POSTPONED from 12 April]
||16 May 2018 (Wed)
||9.00am - 12.30pm
||Training Room , SBF Center,
160, Robinson Road, #06-01, Singapore 068914
|Fee per pax
(inclusive of GST)
-Upon completion of the workshop, the participant will be granted an attendance certificate.
The Anti-Money Laundering Act aims to ensuring there is proper check and balances on money laundering. Singapore as a global financial hub is always vulnerable, with the incoming of money transfers and exchange of funds in the ever changing world.
The workshop is designed to be interactive and allow participants to learn about fundamentals of money laundering and to gain practical understanding on how to comply with the due diligence and the check list. There will be discussion and case studies including question and answer session.
- Appreciate what is Anti-Money Laundering Regime
- Understand the key issues faced by the industry players and challenges
- Common pitfalls faced by players in enforcement and due diligence
- Structuring issues and finding solution line with the Anti-Money Laundering Regime
- Overview of Anti-Money Laundering Legislation and Requirements
- Key points and issues faced by players in the industry
- The process of conducting customer due diligence and its implications
- The method of doing risk evaluation and implementations
- The obligations to inform authorities on suspected transactions
- The method of collecting information evidence and including audit process
- Case studies and evaluations
- Dealing with key players clients and giving advice
*Minimum 6 persons to start the course
This workshop is ideally designed for Compliance officers, Accounting professionals, and those involved in the banking and finance industry
The trainer regularly conducts talks and seminars on subjects involving the Singapore Companies Act, Employment Act, Personal Data Protect Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing to trade associations/organisations. He sits on the board of directors of both listed and private companies and renders support and corporate advisory work in relation to compliance matters with the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited, Singapore Companies Act, the Code of Corporate Governance and the relevant rules and regulations.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspx with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with SBF
- Upon registration, please make payment using credit card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change at least 3 days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- Singapore Business Federation (SBF) reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other payment modes:
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to: 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
If you have further enquires or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Eady NG) | 6827 6867
Ref No.: SB180107
NOTE : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the session
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.