The Singapore Business Institute is pleased to organize a workshop on “Effective Uses of Letter of Credit Practices and International Trade”. Upon completion of the workshop, the participant will be granted an attendance certificate.
Day/Date: 16 & 17 April 2018, Mon & Tue
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fee per pax (incl. GST): S$600.00 (Member ) | S$680.00 (Non-Member)
Venue : 160 Robinson Road, SBF Center, #06-01, S068914
This seminar is designed to give participants an overview and an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the operations of the Letter of Credit and international trade financing. This seminar aims to provide both practical and theoretical aspects of the latest and the most effective ways of handling Letter of Credit, its applications, and its fraud prevention
- The Law and Practices of International Trade (Incoterms 2010)
* Incoterms 2010
* Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, and CIF
* How to use the terms to your advantage
* Responsibilities of buyer and seller
* Meaning of title and transfer of risk
* How to do quotation and prevent losses
- The Fundamental of International Trade Financing
* Finance for exporter & importer
* Factors for financing
* Export Credit Insurance
* International Export factoring
* Trust Receipt and Discounting Bill
* Types of payments
- The Elements of Letter of Credit
* Operation of Letter of Credit
* Rules concerning the application of L/C
* How to do effective L/C negotiation
* Methods of overcoming discrepancies
* Effective methods of checking L/C
* How to do financing in Back-to-back L/C
* Understanding UCP 600
- Understanding International Fraud and Prevention
* Understanding of LC fraud
* Characteristics of LC fraud
* Methods of LC fraud
* Malpractices and weakness in shipping practices
* How to prevent fraud
Shipping personnel, sales & marketing staff, freight forwarder, banker, trader, importer/exporter, businessman, and those keen in upgrading their knowledge in international trade.
*Programme is accurate at the time of print
Please email to email@example.com to reserve a seat, this will be followed by a confirmation email.
Upon confirmation, please prepare a cheque to SBF (refer to address on above letterhead).
Cheque should be made payable to “Singapore Business Federation”. Please indicate the Ref No. and company’s name, participant’s name at the back of the cheque.
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is allowed. We regret that no refund and full fees will be charged for cancellation or non-attendance.
Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to your company upon receipt of full payment.
NOTE: As a precautionary measure, our advice is for members who are unwell not to attend the session.
For more information, please contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Ms Josephine Ong)
Call: 6701 1135
*Information is correct at the time of print
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these event. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.