Understanding Anti-Corruption and Bribery Issues:
Implementing an Effective Anti-Corruption and Anti-Bribery Program
||07 Dec 2018 (Fri)
||9.00am - 12.30pm
||Training Room , SBF Center,
160, Robinson Road, #06-01, Singapore 068914
|Fee per pax
(inclusive of GST)
-Upon completion of the workshop, the participant will be granted an attendance certificate.
Corruption and bribery are major obstacles to the development and successful operation of an organisation. Implementing robust measures against bribery and corruption continues to be a priority for companies internationally. It is also of great importance that organisations put in place and review their anti-corruption and anti-bribery policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
This half-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the principal issues relating to the prevention of bribery and corruption. Join us to acquire the knowledge, skills and techniques you need to help your organisation develop an effective Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) program.
What you will gain from this seminar:
- Understand about the different regulations, standards and frameworks on corruption
- Learn to conduct a corruption risk assessment
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to design and implement an effective ABAC program
- Learn to effectively monitor and improve the ABAC program
- Find out how to respond to corruption allegations
1. Regulations, standards and frameworks on corruption
- US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- UK Bribery Act (2010)
- Singapore Prevention of Corruption Act
2. Conducting a corruption risk assessment
- Corruption risk identification
- Assessment of incentives, pressures, and opportunities for occurrence of corruption
- Assessment of likelihood and significance of each potential corruption risk
- Developing a corruption risk register
3. Designing and implementing the ABAC program
- Corporate anti-corruption policy
- Anti-corruption compliance and awareness training
- Policies for third parties
- Practical considerations
4. Monitoring the ABAC program
- Elements of an effective anti-corruption compliance review program
- Periodic re-assessment of corruption risk
5. Responding to corruption allegations
- Factors to consider for an effective and detailed investigation
- Voluntary disclosure
6. Case studies discussion
*Programme information is accurate at the time of print
This workshop is ideally designed for designed for management and executive staff who play a part in implementing or executing internal controls. Including senior management, compliance, risk and internal controls professionals.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
The trainer specialising in coaching, consulting and training on business risk management and fraud awareness has also worked with the Big Four accounting firms, multinational corporations and local companies in Hong Kong and Singapore for over 10 years.
During the career with PricewaterhouseCoopers Hong Kong, the trainer has conducted various training programmes on corporate governance, internal controls and anti-fraud to the directors of companies listed in Hong Kong. The trainer has also been extensively involved in risk management, internal control, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance projects in Asia Pacific.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspx with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with SBF
- Upon registration, please make payment using credit card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change at least 3 days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- Singapore Business Federation (SBF) reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other payment modes:
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to: 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
If you have further enquires or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Eady NG) | 6827 6867
Ref No.: SB180503
NOTE : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the session
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.