This seminar is designed to give participants an overview and an in-depth understanding and knowledge of import/export procedures, international trade terms, the uses of shipping documents, different aspect of cargo insurance, and letter of credit practices. This seminar aims to provide both the practical and theoretical aspects of the latest and the most effective ways doing import/export.
1. International Trade Terms(Incoterms 2010)
* Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, etc…
* How to do quotation and prevent losses
* Using the latest terms to your advantage
* How to choose the right terms
* Incorporation of the trade terms into Contract
2. International Shipping Documents
* Importance and proper uses of documents
* Understanding B/L and AWB and its implications
* Operation of Packing List & Invoice
* Certificate of Origin – uses and applications
* How to apply for Shipping Guarantee
3. Cargo Insurance Policy
* Reasons for cargo insurance
* Changes in the insurance policy
* The Institute Cargo Clauses
* Exclusion Clauses
* Claims Procedures
* Documentation of claims
4. Letter of Credit
* Applications of DA and DP
* Types of payment in international trade
* Step-by-Step operation of L/C
* Types of Letter of Credit
5. Import/Export Procedures
* Import procedures for air and sea
* Export procedures for air and sea
* Customs procedures and inspection
* Documentations needed for the procedures
* Clearance of cargo from seaport and airport
Shipping personnel, sales & marketing staff, freight forwarder, banker, trader, importer/exporter, businessman, and those keen in upgrading their knowledge in international trade.
TRAINER'S INFORMATION :
William Goh (PhD, MSc, BBus[Tpt], Dip in Shpg Mgt, MCILT, MISM, ND), has more than 30 years of experiences in the area of import/export, law of international trade, shipping, logistics, distribution, warehousing, inventory control, containerization, port operations, cargo insurance & claims, air & sea freight forwarding, ship chartering, trade documentation, international trade banking & financing, and supply chain management.
Dr. Goh has done import/export and international trade business with over 80 countries all over the world. He is a regular speaker at conferences, conventions, and symposiums both locally and abroad on topics relating to international trade, shipping and logistics.
*Programme is accurate at the time of print
Day/Date: 21 & 22 Jan 2019, Mon & Tue
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Venue : 160 Robinson Road, SBF Center, #06-01, Singapore 068914
Fee per pax :
Participants can enjoy e2i course fee support of $15/hour per pax for this workshop following the completion of the workshop, subject to the following criteria:
• Participants are Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents
• Participants and/or the Company do not receive any other government funding
SBF Member (Before Funding) - S$600.00
(After Funding) - S$390.00
Non Member (Before Funding) - S$680.00
(After Funding) - S$470
For more information, please contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Ms. Josephine Ong)
Call: 6701 1135
Please email to email@example.com to reserve a seat, this will be followed by a confirmation email.
Upon confirmation, please prepare a cheque to SBF (refer to address on above letterhead).
Cheque should be made payable to “Singapore Business Federation”. Please indicate the Ref No. and company’s name, participant’s name at the back of the cheque.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is allowed. We regret that no refund and full fees will be charged for cancellation or non-attendance.
- Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to your company upon receipt of full payment.
NOTE: As a precautionary measure, our advice is for members who are unwell not to attend the session.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these event. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.