Before setting up business in Thailand, foreign investors should be aware that there are certain types of business activities restricted to Thai business operators only. Notwithstanding the foregoing, foreign business operators can still operate some of the restricted business activities if the relevant permission is obtained, or if an exemption applies. Despite the mentioned restriction, the Thai Government also supports and promotes foreign direct investment. There are extensive lists of promoted business activities whereby the promoted business operators may enjoy both tax and non-tax privileges and obtain relaxation from obtaining permission to operate the restricted business activities at the same time. In addition, investors may enjoy more privileges if the business operation is in certain specific zones, e.g. EEC, industrial estate areas, and certain provinces of Thailand.
This workshop will focus on the restricted and promoted business activities, privileges granted to investors, common types of business entities, how to maintain foreign control, and introduction to property law.
- Foreign Business Act (FBA)
- Definition of Foreigner
- Restricted Business Activities/ Negative Lists
- Capital Requirement
- FBL Approval
- General Criteria for FBL approval
- FBL Exceptions
- Investment Promotion
- Major Investment Authorities
- The Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI)
- Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (IEAT)
- Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) Committee
- Key Incentives and Privileges
- Tax Incentives
- Non-tax incentives
- Promoted Activities
- Types of Business Entities and Scope of Activities
- Private Limited Company
- Branch Office
- Maintaining Foreign Control under Thai JV company
Who Should Attend
- Thai Majority Ownership
- Protection for Minority Shareholder(s)
- Shareholding Structure
- Concerned issues in Shareholders’ agreement and JV Agreement
For any foreign investors planning or are currently doing business in Thailand. Participants will gain basic legal knowledge related to investment in Thailand.
Partner, ZICOlaw (Thailand) Limited, Bangkok
Archaree is Partner in ZICOlaw (Thailand) Limited. Her practice focuses on corporate matters, employment, competition and antitrust, banking and finance. She has assisted both Thai and foreign clients from various sectors in setting up their business operations in Thailand, involving in numerous cross-border M&As. She also regularly advises her clients on foreign investment, suitable corporate structures as well as specific regulations applicable to the client's business operations.
For banking and finance, she provides professional advice and opinion, drafts and reviews agreements for cross-border banking facilities. She also possesses the experience in advising Thai and foreign clients on securities and derivatives laws and regulations. For employment, she advises on employment matters including termination of employment, change of employers, early retirement as well as reviewing and revising related agreements and legal documents.
Fee Per Pax
(inclusive of GST)
23 January 2019 (Wed)
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
160 Robinson Road #06-01, SBF Center
SBF Member - $285
Non-Member - $385
Fee include course materials & tea breaks
Upon completion of the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance
- Please log on to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspxwith your Username and Password to register. Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF).
- Upon registration, you can make payment using credit card via our online payment platform. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change giving at least 3 days’ prior notice to event date to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement to be made.
- Full payment is required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place. Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the workshop or on event day.
- Participant will still be liable for full payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the workshop.
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and mail it to 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
For more information, contact Josephine Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org l 6701 1131
Note : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the workshop.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.