Innovation is an approach that enables organisations re-invent and re-adapt themselves to the constantly changing business environment, thereby helping them to evolve and stay relevant. This workshop will go through 5 phases and 15 techniques of innovation with the participants. Through relevant case studies and applying the theories in exercises, participants gain better understanding the applications of innovation.
This workshop aims to equip learners with the tools and techniques required in innovation process in order for them to apply in various areas within their organisation.
Who Should Attend
1. Clear definition of innovation
2. The different common terminology used and their meaning
3. Building opportunity areas through innovation in various fields of design, business, craft, pharmaceutical etc
4. Understanding innovation framework - research, ideation and prototyping
5. Settling on a right design brief
6. Tools - empathy, reasoning and observation
7. Bio mimicry, in parallel, manipulation, alternate user/market
8. Design - Persona building, a day in the life of a product/person
9.Prototyping as a tool for validation - mechanical, virtual, functional, in-tangible prototyping
10. How to practice it everyday as innovation can be learnt/practiced
11. Case studies, exercises to apply research, ideation, design and prototyping techniques
Management staff who are leading organisations and are looking to transform, adapt and evolve their organisations to another growth level.
Hersh ventures his own business in an innovation consulting firm and innovation lab with expertise on applying their approach to innovation for organisation to facilitate stakeholder-centric systemic innovations.
He holds a Masters in Innovation Design from the Royal College of Art (London), a joint-Masters in Innovation Engineering from Imperial College, London. He was also awarded the Design London fellowship for a joint MBA in Innovation Entrepreneurship in Imperial College Business School. His work has involved innovations in products, services and processes in sectors spanning from Rural Banking System, FMCG to Pharmaceuticals and. He has partnered with companies such as Swarovski, Sharp, Mc Laren, Clarks footwear, 3 Mobile, Marico, Britannia and Basix etc in the past. He has also had the opportunity to work for London Olympics in 2012.
Centred at a sphere made of his understanding of science, design, business and engineering, he is currently focused on experiencing and bringing out the best of a unity between the three different aspects of innovation.
Fee Per Pax
(inclusive of GST)
15 March 2019 (Fri)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
160 Robinson Road #06-01, SBF Center
SBF Member - $488
Non-Member - $558
Fee include course materials, lunch & tea breaks
Upon completion of the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance
- Please log on to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspxwith your Username and Password to register. Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF).
- Upon registration, you can make payment using credit card via our online payment platform. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change giving at least 3 days’ prior notice to event date to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement to be made.
- Full payment is required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place. Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the workshop or on event day.
- Participant will still be liable for full payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the workshop.
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and mail it to 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of workshop.
For more information, contact Josephine Lin at email@example.com l 6701 1131
Note : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the workshop.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.