The Vietnamese Labour Law applies to all individuals working for Vietnam-based organizations or Vietnamese individuals, regardless of their nationality. It also applies to Vietnamese companies that send their employees to work overseas, as per the law on sending Vietnamese Laborers to work overseas. In this half day workshop, participants will receive updates on the labour laws governing the workforce in Vietnam and get to develop better understanding of the dynamics and mentality of the Vietnamese employees.
- Introduction for Singapore companies engaged in employment issues in Vietnam
- Employment Law Basics
- Hiring and Firing in Vietnam
- Discussion on some real-life cases of employment issues and disputes
Who Should Attend
HR practitioners and professionals who are directly or indirectly involved in HR administration work in Vietnam.
Thomas J. Treutler is the managing director of Tilleke & Gibbins’ Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City offices. Tom is registered to practice as a foreign lawyer in Vietnam and has been providing legal services in Vietnam for 24 years. He is an attorney licensed by the State Bar of California.
Tom specializes in corporate and commercial law as well as intellectual property, and co-heads the firm's life sciences practice with Alan Adcock. He advises leading multinationals, as well as small and medium-sized businesses, on setting up their business operations in Vietnam. He regularly handles mergers and acquisitions work, including the Vietnam portion of one of the largest global acquisitions of 2017. Tom leads Tilleke & Gibbins’ strong franchising practice in Vietnam and advises foreign companies on distribution of products into the fast-growing Vietnamese market. He also advises foreign companies on compliance matters and how to navigate the complicated nuances of Vietnamese labor law. In this area, Tom has led FCPA compliance investigations, and helped successfully resolve several high-profile labour disputes in Vietnam.
Chuyen Hong Huu Le is an attorney-at-law in the corporate and commercial group of Tilleke & Gibbins’ Ho Chi Minh City office. Chuyen specializes in foreign investment, corporate services, regulatory affairs, and commercial transactions and M&A. She is an expertise in the healthcare sector, where she has advised many top multinational companies on doing business in Vietnam, as well as the aviation sector. Chuyen also handles anti-corruption and competition matters and is regularly engaged by companies to conduct compliance training sessions for staff.
Prior to joining Tilleke & Gibbins, Chuyen worked for 7 years at one of Vietnam’s top domestic law firms, where she advised a number of Fortune 500 companies on Vietnamese law. She is a member of the Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association and is active in pro bono activities and advising non-profit organizations.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB190532
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.