Many projects are undertaken by way of a Joint Venture Agreement. Having a proper understanding and appreciation of Joint Venture is critical for many organizations today.
In this workshop, participants will be given practical pointers and tips on how Joint Venture agreements must be secured when dealing with its finalization. This workshop will consist of practical discussion, case studies and negotiation exercises to better illustrate to participants on how Joint Venture Agreement can be secured.
- The Key Points in Joint Venture Agreements
- The key aspect of due diligence in Joint Venture agreements
- Key contract terms in a Joint Venture Agreement.
- Role of insurance in contracts Joint Venture Agreement
- Exits and termination – What to do if things go wrong ?
- Limiting liability in a procurement agreement
- Key pointers for handling negotiations and dealing with Compliance and regulatory issues
- What are the essential considerations when entering into a joint venture?
- The art of negotiating Joint Venture Agreement in Asia
- The Governing law clause and Arbitration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism
Who Should Attend
Senior management executives, contract managers, programme liaison managers, project management teams, finance and banking executives/advisors.
Partner, Eversheds Harry Elias
Derick is a partner in the Corporate and Financial Services Practice Group of global law firm Eversheds Harry Elias. His main areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions in both the public and private spheres, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, technology & digital regulatory advice and funds.
Derick graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and is an Advocate & Solicitor called to the Singapore Bar with more than 10 years of corporate practice under his belt. In his previous role, Derick was the partner tasked with managing the Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices of an international law firm and has extensive experience in the Middle East, having worked in the United Arab Emirates for about 7 years. Being proficient in both English and Mandarin, Derick also has good rapport and network with Chinese and other Asian clients.
Coming back to Singapore in 2018, Derick brings his wealth of international experience to bear in corporate transactions and negotiations, and serves as counsel to a number of Singapore listed companies as well as trade chambers, societies, quasi-statutory boards and institutions.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB200027
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.