This is a ½ day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a web link and access details on the day of the workshop.
The supply chain is by its very nature a complex activity which is therefore susceptible to risk and its associated impacts. This became evident when the supply chain came to grinding halt due to the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic. The supply chain risk management should therefore be a central part of the organisation's strategy. It is a process whereby the organisation will identify, record and then address the risks associated with their activities with the aim of driving out or controlling those risks to the overall benefit of organisational's effectiveness and efficiency. This will also incorporate issues of business continuity planning (BCP) in the event the organisation is exposed to these risks.
- Understanding the nature of risks affecting supply chains
- Types of risks that impact supply chains
- Assess operational risks in supply chains
- Contract failure
- Financial risks e.g. currency, supplier cash flow and insolvency
- Quality failure
- Security of Supply
- Logistics complexity
- Risks in outsourcing and offshoring
- Managing risks in supply chains
- The implications of a contingency plan
- Contractual remedies for managing risks in supply chains
- Use of contingency plans to overcome risks in supply chains
- The components of a business continuity plan (BCP) and a disaster recovery plan
- Implementing BCP
After the workshop, participants should be able to:
- appraise a variety of tools and techniques to establish the level of risks in supply chains
- recommend and apply ways of avoiding, mitigating or managing risks
Who Should Attend
Operations, purchasing, inventory control and transportation managers who want to ensure delivery of high customer-service satisfaction and reduce total cost of ownership.
BE, MBA, PMP, MCIPS
Chartered Procurement Professional
Adjunct Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS), Graduate Programme
Direct Associate, Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), UK
Associate Faculty, Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), Undergraduate programme
Pavan has over 20 years of international experience in engineering, logistics and supply chain, process improvement, business development, corporate training and consultancy with more than 10 years of managing at top senior level. He is a proven leader and an excellent contributor to organizational goals in increasing revenue and controlling costs. He is a hands-on executive officer known for his strategic and focused approach in establishing strategies for optimising internal operations, financial returns, output and customer services.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB200465
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.