This is a 1-day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a web link and access details of the workshop.
Whether it is domestic firm or multinational corporation, managing foreign currency is crucial. The appreciation and depreciation of foreign currency affects the firm’s profitability and liquidity. Therefore, an appreciation of how international trade, business, economic and political developments could impact the exchange rate movement is critical in business strategic planning and control. Therefore, managers and executives in all functions should understand how to interpret the exchange rate, understand how the exchange market works and introduce effective tools and techniques in managing foreign currencies. The trainer uses practical exercises to demonstrate the interpretation of foreign exchange rate and determine the extent of currency appreciation and depreciation. Methods and techniques of managing foreign currency correctly will be thoroughly discussed.
- Introduction of Foreign Exchange
- Why do firms go international
- Types of overseas operations
- Differences between domestic and multinational financial management
- Current development impacting foreign currencies
- Currency Risk Management
- Financial strategies to guard against foreign currency depreciation
- Impact of changes in foreign exchange rates
- How to read and forecast foreign exchange rates
- Interpreting Foreign Exchange Rates
- Spot rate
- Forward exchange rate
- Direct quote vs Indirect quote
- Differentiation between foreign currency appreciation and depreciation
- Bid and ask quotation
- Arbitrage and Hedging
- Currency arbitrage
- Hedging strategies
Note: Participants are to use calculators for this workshop
Who Should Attend
Managers and executives who are new to how foreign exchange works but need to know the application of currency related techniques when making business decisions. Also, ideal as an in-house workshop where employees from various departments or divisions can utilise their respective information and operational data to develop a comprehensive set of interlinked foreign currency management and control within the organisation.
LIM KAIM SOON
CA(SINGAPORE), EMBA(HELSINKI), FCCA (UK), BBA (HONS), NUS
Kaim Soon graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor degree (honours) in Business Administration (majoring in finance & investment). He is also a fellow member of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, UK. Kaim Soon completed his Executive MBA at the Helsinki School of Economics (now Aalto University), Finland.
Kaim Soon has been a corporate trainer specializing in accounting and financial management, working with various local and overseas consulting and training institutes. He conducts regular workshops, seminars and in-house group training to senior management and staff of statutory boards and business corporations
Through his own company, he provides financial consultancy services to local as well as foreign companies in Singapore. His areas of specialization include financial & management accounting, corporate investment and financing, as well as corporate due diligence. He likes to adopt unique training methods as the emphasis is application-oriented i.e. learn-apply-related to what the individual does in his/her work. He often uses the actual corporate financial data to perform and show financial analysis in the real business world.
Kaim Soon’s past corporate working experiences include financial control and general management in banking, insurance, retail and manufacturing industries.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB200581
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.