SBF Business Institute (SBI) is partnering with Institute of Systems Science at National University of Singapore (NUS-ISS) for this series of digital competency training courses. This is a 2-day virtual learning programme with accreditation under the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF). Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a web link and access details of the workshop.
The market and the business environment is under rapid and constant change. In order to thrive under such environments, organisations today need to be able to sense, react and anticipate changes, make good decisions quickly, execute in a timely manner and then monitor the results and repeat the adaption cycle accordingly.
This course will present the importance of business agility in relation to digital transformation and provide guidance on extending Agile practices across the organisation. A proven approach for establishing an Agile organisational culture will be discussed as well as best practices for managing change as the organisation carries out its transition from the current to the desired Agile state.
Business agility refers to the ability of an organisation to succeed in a rapidly changing environment by providing the required culture and supporting practices. Business agility builds upon practices that are widely used in software development to improve efficiency and speed to market and innovation. Benefits of enhanced agility include higher revenues, more satisfied customers and employees, improved operational efficiency and faster time-to-market.
Defining Business Agility
- Understand why we need Business Agility
Tenet 1 - Empower People
- How to define what is/not safe to delegate using a Delegation Authority Matrix
Tenet 2 - Build Autonomous Teams
- Understand the importance of the Customer Journey in identifying the required team members
Tenet 3 - Simplify Process
- Exercise on how to define a Minimum Viable Process
Tenet 4 - Be Data-Driven
- Understanding what metrics matter and to who ? Customer, Team, Business Leaders ?
Tenet 5 - Deliver Quickly and Iterate
- Exercise on how to create a business experiment
Tenet 6 - Tightly Manage WIP
- Understand how to move to pull systems of work (versus push)
- Understand how to use Kanban to identify bottlenecks
Tenet 7 - Create a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Understand how ideation and innovation cannot be managed using traditional approaches
- Understand the importance of closing lessons to drive continual improvement
- Complete high-level current-state assessment on how agile your organisation is today
Participants will be able to :
- understand business agility and how to apply it suitably within digital transformation mission
- become customer-centric and innovative with best practices from design thinking
- lead Agile transformation initiatives
- extend Agile practices to the organisation beyond IT
- define compelling Agile transformation vision, objectives and measures for success
- manage organisational change in the transition to Agility
Managers, leaders and C-level executives from organisations looking to achieve business agility
Who Should Attend
Principal Lecturer & Consultant, Digital Strategy & Leadership Practice
Bachelor of Science (Computer & Information Services) - National University of Singapore (NUS)
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®)
Higher Education Teaching Certificate - Harvard University Derek Bok Center
Sharon possesses 20 years of career experience as information technology leader in multinational Retail and Telecommunication companies. As a regional technology leader responsible for Asia Pacific region in well-known global retail companies, she led and partnered with business leaders and technology teams across business functions, countries and cultures, to continuously embrace new technologies and innovate new business solutions to meet the rapid changes in the disruptive industry. Her current research interest is on transformational leadership that every digital business leader need to adapt and excel as they lead their digital business transformation to face the fast changing and unpredictable future world.