This is a ½ day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a web link and access details of the workshop.
Workplace harassment is proving to be a very real problem for employees today. There are increasing reports in workplace-related incidents now than back in few years ago.
With increasing awareness of this issue, employers cannot afford to ignore or pay no attention. In this workshop, we examine what employers should know about workplace harassment in Singapore. What are the duties of employers with regard to curbing harassment in the workplace ?
1. Overview in Dealing with Workplace Harassment
2. Understanding the applicable laws & guidelines
- What is harassment ?
- What is workplace harassment ? When and how does harassment be classified as workplace harassment ?
- Why do employers need to deal with this ?
- How does the Tripartite Advisory on Managing Workplace Harassment apply to employers ?
- What does the Protection of Harassment Act say ? Does it apply to the workplace ?
- What does the Workplace Safety & Health Act say ?
- Can the common law torts of harassment and negligence apply to employers ?
3. Dealing with Harassment
- How to handle harassment issues ?
- What steps to take for reporting, investigation, due inquiry, appeal ? How to create a proper process in place ?
- Who should be responsible for managing harassment complaints ?
- How to manage the complainee ? What disciplinary actions should be taken if a case is lodged ?
- How to manage the complainant ? What happens / to do when no case was found ?
- Reporting the incident or about the complainee to regulators, police authority ? When is this to be undertaken ?
- How to handle the well-being of all parties involved ?
4. Compliance processes for harassment
- What must your organisation's anti-harassment policy include ?
- How must reporting, investigation, due inquiry, appeal and/or grievance procedures be set up ?
- What other considerations are important ?
Who Would Benefit
HR professionals, practitioners, business owners, executives and other personnel involved in HR related work.
Meet The Trainer
Kala Anandarajah, PBM
Head (Competition & Antitrust and Trade), Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP
Described as “super switched-on” by Who’s Who Legal 2018, and one with “very wide vision” by Chambers Asia Pacific 2017. Asian Legal Business – SEA Law Awards Nominee 2017. Commended External Counsel of the Year 2016 by the Inhouse Community. Awarded Best Lawyer in Competition & Antitrust in Singapore by Best Lawyers 2015. Cited as Top 100 Women in Antitrust in the World by the Global Competition Review 2013. Winner of Euromoney Legal Media Group Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2014 AND 2015.
Kala heads the Competition & Antitrust and Trade Practice and leads the Corporate Governance Practice. On Employment Law, described as “responsive, helpful and commercial” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Kala advises a number of multinational corporations on a regular basis in relation to their employment concerns, including employment agreements, executive compensation benefits payable, including options of differing forms such as ESOPs and LTIPs, termination and termination benefits, non-compete, restraints, implementing and reviewing employment handbooks and manuals, employment transfer issues, whistleblowing policies and implementation and more. Her team also coordinates employment law advice across the region for clients frequently. Kala has been cited as a leading Employment & Labour lawyer by international peer review legal ranking journals.
To find out more about RISE funding support, please click here or email directly to email@example.com
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB210008
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.